Friday, May 6, 2011

Pick 5: April Edition

I've decided to keep up with my monthly favorites and I'm calling it Pick 5!  It will be a little different... I will only pick 5 items in 5 categories.  Here are my picks for the month of April... FTC: I paid for all of this with my own money!

Skin care: I've been a little obsessed with my eye area... I've been reading all these articles about starting in your 20's with anti-aging treatments! AH!  I've tried so many products and I always go back to one.  The Mary Kay Indulge Soothing Eye Gel.  It firms, it de-puffs (is that a word?) and it makes my tired, single mommy eyes look awake and refreshed!  I smooth it on before bed and when I wake up in the morning.  It really does wake my eyes right up! I love it! $15



Cosmetics: I use my NYX Eyeshadow Base everyday. Before, my eyeshadow would slowly fade during the day and I'd look like I didn't have any on at all by 4pm! I discovered this shadow base a few months ago and I haven't gone without it since!  It makes the pigments in the shadow brighter and it also makes them last longer on my skin.  It instantly smoothes and evens out the skin on and around my eyelids.  You can pick it up from ULTA! $7


Hair care: Everyone has been raving and writing about dry shampoo so I figured I'd try it!  Now, I know there are many kinds out there and most are pretty expensive so I wanted to try a cheaper kind first in case I didn't like it.  I went to Giant Eagle and picked up Suave's Dry Shampoo.  I usually go every other day without washing my hair because it's so thick and curly.  I waited a day to use it on my roots and WOW... it's great!! It put volume back in my hair and it looked like I just blew out my hair!  It works and it smells AMAZING. Just spray on your roots and rub into your roots and your good to go!!  $3




Clothing: I know it's spring time and it's warming up but I live in Ohio and it's still cold!  I love wearing dresses but it's still too cold to go all out.  Instead of keeping my dresses in the closet, I just pair them up with leggings!  I can look cute in my dresses without freezing my butt off!!  YAY!!! This is one of my favorite dresses.  It's from Kohls and it's by Elle.  It's a printed smock dress.  It's comfy and stylish and I wear black leggings with it and it's perfect!




Song of the month:  Of course I had to spice things up with a song of the month!  I watch American Idol religiously (no laughing) and I love, love, love Jennifer Lopez.  Her new album Love? came out and I have been playing On the Floor like it's the soundtrack of my life!  J. Lo is back and she sounds amazing and looks amazing! (She had twins y'all!)  I love you J. Lo!!


No comments:

Post a Comment