Thursday, June 16, 2011

Eyes of the Day: Seeing Green

So, I'm starting a EOTD: Eyes of the Day!  I thought it was fitting since my blog is called HB Bright Eyes... only makes sense, right??  =) 

I LOVE trying out different colors for my eyes and today I really stepped out of my comfort zone! I went with different shades of green! Layering the colors on top of each other really makes a difference and I just loved the way this turned out!

First I used my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Horseradish...love it.  I applied it directly to my lid, up to the crease and blended it out with my Sigma E25 Blending Brush ! Then I put a light, frosty green color on my inner lid. I'm not sure of the color but it's in my E.L.F. Pro Eyeshadow Palette and then a darker, aqua - green color (from the same palette) in the crease and outer edge of my lid. I then added my highlight color on my brow bone. I used my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese (funny) and then blended EVERYTHING together! 






I know explaining it in words is a little weird and that I should make a video, right?! Well, I'm trying to get up the courage to do so!  I think after I watched  my friend Edith in her video about Body Image on her YouTube Channel I may have worked up the nerve! My son is gone this weekend with his dad so I have the "camcorder" to myself..LOL. We'll see how it goes! I just loved Edith's video and I really think she has the right idea about life! What an insipration!

I hope I have inspired all of you to try something different!

hb

No comments:

Post a Comment